The international consultancy s.Pro – sustainable projects based in Berlin is seeking a highly motivated new staff member in the field of project communication and dissemination.
Who are we?
s.Pro sustainable projects is a consultancy specialised in the preparation and coordination of transnational cooperation projects, funded by the EU or other public donors, to support the development of a sustainable blue economy. We manage the secretariat of the SUBMARINER Network for Blue Growth; a flagship under the EU Baltic Sea Region Strategy initiative, which brings together a multitude of public and private actors from across the Baltic Sea Region engaged in promoting innovative and sustainable uses of marine resources.
The topics of our blue projects span over a wide area including maritime spatial planning and marine protected areas; sustainable aquaculture and seafood; algae-based products; marine litter or combined uses with offshore wind parks. Project activities range from in-depth and pilot studies, real life demonstrators, capacity building, stakeholder engagement, ocean literacy and citizen science up to assistance to start-ups and consumer awareness raising.
Our own role in these projects starts off with developing the project applications; which requires already good coordination across often 10-25 different institutions from the whole of Europe. This is followed by the related activities in project implementation; namely internal and external project coordination and communication, incl. website and social media management, preparation of communication material; workshop and conference organisation and facilitation as well as writing administrative and content reports.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a new staff member to engage in our current as well as new series of upcoming long-term projects. We are looking for someone enthusiastic about communicating science projects and interested in sustainable development especially related to our oceans, seas and coastlines.
Tasks are especially related to all project communication and dissemination activities. This includes among others:
- Leading the development and implementation of our communication & dissemination strategies for our company/network as well as projects
- Stakeholder and Target Group Mapping and Analysis
- Coordination, collaboration and guidance of external graphic and web designers
- Leading on the content development of our various websites incl. news flashes, portraits of key stakeholders, story-telling as well as management of social media accounts
- Development of power point presentations, project flyers, newsletters, including visualisations, graphs and animations (together with external experts)
- Translating scientific reports and other project material into easy-to-understand articles, policy briefs, fact sheets, posters, etc.
- Support in the organisation, moderation and documentation of inter-active, multi-actor workshops and conferences (online / physical)
Knowledge, experience and skills:
We look for a candidate, who has already gained some professional experience in science communication and EU-funded projects or comparable organisations.
- Relevant university degree;
- Excellent English is a prerequisite; good knowledge of German and/or other EU languages are regarded as an asset;
- Excellent communication, writing and organisational skills; ability to organise and document meetings; including use of facilitation tools
- Very good computer skills (MS Office); experience with CMS website management and graphic design programmes (i.e. Photoshop)
- Understanding of international policy processes and institutions; especially related to sustainable development goals; ideally linked to maritime affairs
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated person, who is curious, open-minded, eager and comfortable to work in a multi-cultural environment and is interested to continuously improve and expand our portfolio of activities in the support towards an environmental and social friendly world. You should be able to work independently, while at the same time being able to work in teams with other staff members as well as project partners.
What we offer:
We offer a highly meaningful work in a very dynamic global environment related to achieving real progress in the reduction of carbon emissions, pollution and loss of biodiversity. The successful candidate will work together and support experts, researchers and companies alike in their mission towards achieving the sustainable development goals.
At the same time we offer the successful candidate an attractive salary equivalent to her / his experience and competences with the benefits of being part of the German social insurance system. Depending on the candidates’ interest and personal development, both salary and responsibilities are open for a steady progression including bonus payments and recruitment of additional staff members, if needed.
While there is plenty of opportunity to gain new knowledge and competences as an integral part of the various projects / tasks, staff members are also motivated to make use of specific training programmes.
We aim to offer all our staff members an optimal working environment, designed to meet their individual needs. This means that all staff members can opt for up to two home office days and flexible working hours, while at the same time organising regular formal and informal team meetings to foster knowledge exchange and team building.
Deadline for Applications: 15 Nov 2021
Starting date: immediately, meaning Dec 21 / Jan 2022
Duration: open ended contract
Working Hours: ideally full-time; 25 hours minimum
Location: The position is assigned to our office in Berlin, Germany
For further information on our profile and our projects please visit our websites www.sustainable-projects.eu / www.submariner-network.eu. If you want to learn more about the position, you may also get in touch with us via Email or phone (contact person: Ivana Lukic).
Suitable candidates will be invited for interviews within two weeks after their application.